Pages

Thursday 5 February 2015

What if...

Everyone has had those 'what if' moments. Either a 'what if I done this?' or 'what if this happened differently'. Today I was sitting in school with my friend during a free period doing some history work when we started saying 'what if...' all to do with the past. 

Have you ever wondered things like 'what if Margaret Thatcher hadn't closed down the mines?' or 'what if Japan hadn't bombed Pearl Harbour in the Second World War?' It really blows you're mind when you think of all the possibilities that could have happened if events had happened differently or not happened at all. 

At night when I lie awake with my thoughts (as you do when you want to sleep), all the 'what ifs' go through my head on a personal leave and I start to question events in my life that could have been different from the like of 'what's if I hadn't of been to five different primary schools, would I still be going to university to study history? Would I have started playing flute?' to 'what if my old group of friends didn't go to Bolivia when me and two or three others went on a Battle Fields trip to Belgium and France, would we all have still stopped talking? Would we have become closer?' 

My head literally hurts after think of all the possible outcomes. The world we live in today could be such a different place to live in. It could be for the better, or it could before the worse. 

I guess we'll never know how the world would be if events had panned out differently in the past, and it's the same for our own personal stories. We all just need to be happy with the life we live, in the world we live in because if you think about the 'what ifs' thoroughly, the world we live in now could be a much worse off place to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment